As part of my week-long blog to raise awareness of aromatherapy I thought I would go back to the raw ingredients themselves. And because I felt like baking today, I decided to give you a delicious recipe for Lavender and Ginger cookies!
You will need:
- 4½oz / 125g butter
- 4oz / 110g sugar
- 1 egg
- 6oz / 170g self raising flour
- 1 level tablespoon dried lavender flowers
- 1 level tablespoon chopped ginger
- Cream butter and sugar, add egg and beat well.
- Add lavender, ginger and flour and mix well.
- Roll dough into a sausage shape, wrap in greaseproof paper and freeze for 30 minutes
- Slice dough into cookies (should make about 30) and place on a greased baking tray
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes (Gas mark 3 / 170C)
Et voila! A lovely batch of cookies. Enjoy ♥
Celebrating Aromatherapy Awareness Week 9th-15th June